The popularity of permanent makeup is constantly on the rise. People love the convenience and cost-effectiveness of this procedure in their everyday lives. But what should you know about the types of cosmetic tattoos before booking an appointment?
In this article, we will pay close attention to the most common cosmetic tattoos. We will also discuss essential factors of aftercare and maintenance to educate you on what to expect after you get one.Types of Permanent Makeup
Dreamy AIRY Brows
is one of the most common permanent makeup tattoos. Who wouldn't want to daily have the perfect pencil-like shaped eyebrows with close to no effort? It's a new, improved technology that allows the artist to create natural-looking brows by adding more color for a thick and feathery look and by correcting the imperfections in the shape. The effect lasts for up to 3 years with proper maintenance.Lash Enhancement
If you feel tired of using mascara or eye pencils on a daily basis or your eyes get irritated from makeup products - this is the technique for you. Lash enhancement
adds color to your lash line to make them look fuller and your eyes more awake. The thickness of the line and the color are fully customizable to the client and their preferred result. You can also add a bottom lash line to complete the look. The effect lasts from 2 - 4 years.Smokey Lash Enhancement
This type of lash enhancement is perfect for lovers of a soft smokey look
. In addition to filling in and thickening the lash line, it also adds the softest shading on top. There is a lot of room for creativity in this technique, and each client, together with the PMU professional, can create their unique style. The effect lasts from 2.5 - 5 years. Shaded Eyeliner
Another type of PMU that can make your eyes look more open and awake is shaded eyeliner
. It will suit people who like the look of eyeliner with the wing and who also want to create a smokey-shaded look. The wing thickness and size are customizable, as well as the color tint. The effect lasts from 2.5 - 5 years. Lip Blushing
, also known as watercolor lips, is a unique procedure that corrects the color, shape, and size of the lips. The color pigment of choice is applied onto the lips using a microblading technique that, with the help of a small needle, disperses dots of pigment onto the skin. It is important to know that lip blushing does not make your lips bigger like Botox, but it does create a look of more symmetrical and fuller lips by filling out the lip line and making it more distinct. The effect lasts from 1.5 - 4 years. Restorative PMU Tattoos
Permanent makeup tattoos are not only for enhancing the face features and taking the load off your daily makeup routine. It is also commonly used for restorative purposes
such as areola and cleft palate lip restoration, stretch marks and undereye camouflage, covering up scars from surgery, burns, unfortunate accidents, self-harm, and more. Many people going through hair loss can find scalp makeup tattoos helpful for imitating a fuller hairline. Effect and results are very unique to each specific case, and that's why a personalized approach to clients is used in these treatments. Aftercare And Maintenance
When considering PMU, clients have to remember that it is a two-step process. Two visits are not only recommended but rather required to have a long-lasting effect and to reach the desired look. Each skin type and skin complexion is highly unique, and people may experience different results after the first procedure. That is why it is important to have a touch-up session after about 6 weeks from the first appointment. What to expect after the procedure:
General rules and restrictions for the first 7 to 10 days:
- For the first few days, the area where the tattoo was applied will be a bit swollen and red, but for most people, it doesn't last long.
- The tattoo will appear darker during the healing time, but after full healing, which usually takes a few weeks, the actual color will be seen
- Count the first 10 days as the most important for proper healing. All PMU tattoos require dry healing, which means not exposing the area to water and other substances and wiping off extra skin oils throughout the day.
- Make sure the area of the tattoo is protected from sunlight. This is due to extra sensitivity of the skin and possible hyperpigmentation.
- Do not peel off dry skin.
- During the first week after Lip Blush, be careful with consuming alcohol as well as hot and colorful drinks. They are only to be consumed through a straw.
- Avoid any exfoliating anti-aging/anti-acne products, as well as treatments such as lasers, peels, waxing, botox, and tinting, at least 2 weeks prior to and after the procedure.
- Do not use any other oils or creams for moisturizing the area except for the ones provided by the professional (this means no Vaseline, antibiotic creams, neosporene, etc.)
Permanent makeup is low maintenance and, for lasting results, requires only infrequent touch-ups. Touch-ups allow you to make any necessary adjustments while also lengthening your tattoo's longevity. Usually, you are also able to get discounts for touch-ups within the first year. After the first year, it is recommended to do annual refreshers to keep the tattoo in good condition. Discover The World of Permanent Makeup
We hope this article helped you learn more about permanent makeup tattoos and what to expect if you are thinking of getting one. Make sure to visit our blog
for more interesting content.
Here at Mara PMU, we strive to bring your beauty dreams to life. We work and develop with excitement to provide the highest quality service to our clients. If you are interested in learning more about our PMU services in Charlotte, North Carolina, visit our website or contact us
. And let's pursue effortless beauty together!